Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dreaming of spring....

The snow is piled a foot deep, but all I can think of is that it is blanketing my garden, helping to insulate the crowns of my perennials, and keeping the daffodils from coming up too early. This week, we are planning to start our pepper seeds. I have lots of seeds left from last year, and tomorrow I will look through them. Maybe I will have enough without ordering more. One variety I plan to grow is Corno di Toro (Bull's Horn), which is a large elongated mild pepper - big enough to stuff. I always grow Hot Hungarian Wax, Jalapeno, Cayenne, and Peter Peppers too. Peter Peppers are amusing to have, and taste great too - very hot and flavorful. If I have to order any, I have to hurry so I can get them started. Tomatoes can be started in a month or so.

No comments: