Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Missing my readers and my spring garden

I decided to start writing on my long neglected blog again. Why? Because my weekly garden column for over ten years was discontinued due to budget cuts at the newspaper. I miss writing every week and I miss being in contact with my readers. Hopefully I can get the word out that I am still here - just not on paper. I have done a lot this year already in my garden. Seeds were started in early March, and bulbs were planted last fall. The spring bulbs are now coming to an end for the year. I have been picking fresh greens for the past week already and my snap peas are several inches high. I have lots of radishes and lettuce that should be ready to start harvesting in a couple of weeks.
My tomatoes and peppers have been growing under lights in the basement and are now outside getting "hardened off" in a morning sun/afternoon shade location. I do need to bring them in tonight as it will dip into the 40's tonight - hopefully for the last time this spring.

No comments: